Terbicip Tablets Supplier
||Packed in strips
Product Information :
- Terbicip 250mg is an antifungal medicine which is mainly used to treat fungal infections of the fingernails and toenails (onychomycosis).
- Terbicip is also advised to be be used for the treatment of ringworm of the scalp and fungal infections of hair follicles. Each uncoated tablet of Terbicip 250mg contains Terbinafine Hydrochloride equivalent to 250 mg Terbinafine
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Terbicip Tablets : Each tablet of Terbicip contains Terbinafine Hydrochloride equivalent to 250mg Terbinafine
Uses of Terbicip Tablets (Generic Terbinafine) :
- Fungal infections of the skin, toe, or fingernail, caused by the fungus tinea unguium.
- Terbicip Tablets are also used to treat fungal infections of the skin, including the treatment of tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea pedis, and yeast infections of the skin caused by the genus Candida where oral therapy is considered appropriate due to reasons of severity or extent of the infection.
- It is also used for the treatment of tinea capitis (ringworm of the scalp). It is suitable to treat a fungal infection of hair follicles in children who are at least 4 years old.
Terbicip Tablets - Dosage :
- One tablet of Terbicip 250 mg Once a day for 6 weeks (42 pills) to treat fungal infections of your fingernail, or
- One tablet of Terbicip 250 mg Once a day for 12 weeks (84 pills) to treat fungal infections of your toenail.
- The duration of treatment varies according to the indication and the severity of the infection. Please consult your doctor for exact dosing instruction as well as the period of treatment. You must take the full course of medicine as recommended by your doctor, even if the symptoms improve.
- For Children weighing between 20 to 40 kg half tablet of Terbicip 250 (125mg) once a day. For Children weighing more than 40 kg - one tablet of Terbicip 250 once a day.
- Drug Class and Mechanism - Terbinafine is an antifungal agent that is taken by mouth or applied to the skin. Terbinafine acts by interfering with the ability of fungi to make chemicals called sterols that are an important part of the membrane that surrounds fungal cells and holds them together. This weakens the cell membrane.
- Terbicip Tablets - Contraindications - Terbicip Tablets are contraindicated in individuals with hypersensitivity to terbinafine or to any other ingredients present in the the formulation.
- Terbicip Tablets - Missed Dose - If you forget to take Terbicip Tablets , take your tablets as soon as you remember, unless it is less than 4 hours before your next dose is due. In this case, wait and take your next dose at the usual time.
- Storage Requirements of Terbicip Tablets - The medicine should be kept at room temperature, 15-30oC (59-86oF). Keep out of reach of children.
Warnings and Precautions when using Terbicip Tablets :
- Tell your doctor right away, if you get any of these symptoms of a liver problem:
- Upper right stomach (abdominal) pain
- Poor appetite
- Yellowing of your skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Dark (tea-colored) urine
- Pale or light colored stools
Side Effects of Terbicip Tablets : The most common side effects of Terbicip include: headache, diarrhea, rash, dyspepsia, liver enzyme abnormalities, pruritus, taste disturbance, nausea, abdominal pain, and flatulence.
Looking for "Terbicip Tablets" ?