Lopinavir & Ritonavir Tablets Supplier
Lopinavir & Ritonavir Tablets
||50 & 200 mg
||Packed in strips
What is Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg Tablet ?
Lopimune manufactured by Cipla, is a combination of Ritonavir 50 mg & Lopinavir 200 mg tablets. This medicine comes in a pack of 28 tablets. It is a prescription medicine that can be purchased by a patient only against a valid prescription of a healthcare professional. Do not share this HIV/AIDS medicine with others because it can cause serious side effects to people until the condition is not monitored by a pharmacist.
When is Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg Tablet prescribed ?
Lopimune (Lopinavir/Ritonavir) is used with other medications to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
How Does Lopimune (Lopinavir/Ritonavir) Tablet Work ?
- Lopinavir & Ritonavir belongs to a group of medicines called protease inhibitors. They work by decreasing the amount of HIV in the blood. When Lopinavir and Ritonavir are taken together, lopinavir reduces or inhibits the activity of this protease enzyme which is used by HIV-infected cells to make new viruses and Ritonavir also helps to increase the amount of Lopinavir in the body so that the medication will have a greater effect.
- These medications may decrease your chance of developing acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and HIV-related illnesses such as serious infections or cancer.
What are the adverse effects of Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg Tablets ?
Lopimune may cause some side effects. Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. Side-effects may vary for each individual depending on the person's disease state, age, weight, gender, ethnicity and general health. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with Lopinavir & Ritonavir :
- Common Side Effects of Lopimune Tablets - Headache, Dizziness, Anxiety, Insomnia, Decreased appetite and weight loss, Increase in the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, Muscle weakness or spasms, Chest infections, Increased blood pressure, Digestive symptoms such as abdominal pain or bloating, wind, indigestion or heartburn etc.
- Serious Side Effects of Lopimune Tablets - Stroke or heart attack, Kidney problems such as kidney inflammation, Blood in the urine, Rectal bleeding, Constipation, Problems with vision, Blood clot in a vein of the leg, Hair loss (alopecia), Muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis) etc.
- The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects. For more information about any other possible risks associated with Lopimune, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What are the safety measures of Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg ?
Before Taking Lopimune HIV drug, it is important to understand all precautions or safety information associated with it. You need to remember certain points such as :
- Lopimune medicine may be harmful in pregnancy and there is a potential risk of miscarriage or carrying a child with birth defects if you or your partner becomes pregnant during this time. Also tell your pharmacist if you plan to become pregnant at any time in the future, because Lopinavir & Ritonavir may remain in your body for years after you stop taking it.
- It is recommended that women infected with HIV should not breastfeed their infants, regardless of their treatment, in order to avoid transmitting the virus to the baby in the breast milk. To get more information, you should discuss this with your doctor.
- You will need to have regular blood tests and check-ups during your treatment with Lopimune. Blood tests help doctors check for certain diseases and conditions. They also help check the function of your organs and show how well treatment is working.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. This HIV medicine is not recommended for use in patients with a known allergy to Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg.
- In general, drinking alcoholic beverages should be kept to a minimum or avoided completely. If you are dependent on alcohol and want to stop drinking, your doctor can recommend a therapy that's tailored for your needs.
- Before using Lopimune, inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any prescription or non-prescription drugs (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), so that your pharmacist can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
- If you miss a dose of Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
- Taking a single dose of expired medicine is unlikely to produce an adverse event. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug. If you've had a medicine for a while, check the expiry date before using it. If it has expired or is damaged, return it to your pharmacist for disposal.
- Before using Lopimune, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially if you have liver problems (including hepatitis B or C infection), diabetes, hemophilia (a bleeding disorder), heart or pancreas problems, or low blood potassium levels etc.
What are the storage instructions for Lopimune 200 mg/50 mg ?
- Patients must properly store the drug to retain its quality and efficacy. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
- Store Lopinavir & Ritonavir at 20oC to 25oC (68oF to 77oF); excursions permitted to 15oC to 30oC (59oF to 86oF).
- Consider storing your medications separately from your other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.
- Make sure to always keep your medicine in an area of your home that is out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store in the original container. Do not use it if the original seal over the container opening is broken or missing.
- Store Lopimune in a dry place (Not in bathroom). Improper storage can affect the effectiveness and shelf life of your medicine.
Looking for "Lopinavir & Ritonavir Tablets" ?