Exemestane Tablets Supplier
||Packed in strips
Product Information :
- Xtane (Generic Exemestane tablets)is used to treat early breast cancer in postmenopausal women who are diagnosed with breast cancer and who have already been treated with a medication called Tamoxifen (Generic Nolvadex) for 2 to 3 years.
- Exemestane belongs to a class of medications called aromatase inhibitors. It works by reducing the amount of estrogen produced by the body. This can slow or stop the growth of some breast tumors that require estrogen to grow.
Uses of Exemestane Tablets : Xtane is an aromatase inhibitor which is used for the adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor positive early breast cancer who have received two to three years of Tamoxifen and are switched to Xtane for completion of a total of five consecutive years of adjuvant hormonal therapy. It is also used for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women whose disease has progressed following Tamoxifen therapy.
- The recommended dosage of Xtane tablets is 25 mg orally once a day, after meals.
- Generic Exemestane tablets should be taken by mouth after a meal at approximately the same time each day. Your doctor will let you know how to take Xtane and for how long.
- After a single dose of 25 mg given after a meal, average peak plasma levels of 18 ng/mL are achieved within 2 hours post-dosing. Food was observed to enhance absorption.
Warnings and Precautions
Please inform your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. The other warnings and precautions are :
- Before starting treatment with Aromex, your doctor may want to take blood samples to confirm you have reached the menopause.
- Routine checking of your vitamin D level will also be made before treatment, as your level could be very low in the early stages of breast cancer. You will be given vitamin D supplement if your levels are below normal.
- Before taking Aromex, inform your doctor if you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history or are suffering from any condition which affects the strength of your bones. Your doctor may want to measure your bone density before and during the treatment of Generic Exemestane. This is because medicines of this class lower the levels of female hormones and this may lead to a loss of the mineral content of bones, which might decrease their strength.
Storage : Store Xtane tablets at controlled room temperature 25oC (77oF). Excursions are permitted to (59oF to 86oF, 15oC to 30oC). Protect from light.
Generic Exemestane Tablets Overdosage : During clinical trials Exemestane has been administered as a single dose to healthy female volunteers at doses as high as 800 mg and postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer have been administered doses as high as 600 mg daily for 12 weeks. These dosages were well tolerated. There is no specific antidote to overdosage and treatment should be symptomatic. General supportive care, including frequent monitoring of vital signs and close observation of the patient, is recommended.
Looking for "Exemestane Tablets" ?